- Holistic medicine focuses on education and responsibility for personal efforts to achieve balance and well being. Holistic health is a concept in medical practice upholding that all aspects of people’s needs, psychological, physical and social should be taken into account and seen as a whole.(Wikipedia)
- Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a WHOLE person. That is, instead of treating an illness, as in orthodox allopathy, holistic medicine looks at an individual’s overall physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing before recommending treatment. A holistic doctor treats the symptoms of illness as well as looking for the underlying cause of the illness.
- Holistic medicine also attempts to prevent illness by placing a greater emphasis on optimizing health. The body’s systems are seen as interdependent parts of the person’s whole being. Its natural state is one of health, and an illness or disease is an imbalance in the body’s systems.
- Holistic therapies tend to emphasize proper nutrition and avoidance of substances—such as chemicals—that pollute the body. Their techniques are non-invasive.
- There are no limits to the range of diseases and disorders that can be treated in a holistic way, as the principle of holistic healing is to balance the body, mind, spirit, and emotions so that the person’s whole being functions smoothly. When an individual seeks holistic treatment for a particular illness or condition, other health problems improve without direct treatment, due to improvement in the performance of the immune system, which is one of the goals of holistic medicine.
- A properly balanced holistic health regimen, which takes into consideration all aspects of human health and includes noninvasive and non-pharmaceutical healing methods, can often completely eradicate even acute health conditions safely. If a patient is being treated with allopathic medicine, holistic therapies may at least support the body during treatment, and alleviate the symptoms that often come with drug treatments and surgery. In addition, holistic therapies aim at the underlying source of the illness, to prevent recurrence. (Source: The Free Dictionary by Farlex)
So, what does Dr.Chandana do?
Dr.Chandana is a Holistic doctor, specialized in Holistic preventive medicine. She emphasizes on preventing an illness in a holistic way by using –
Yoga and meditation
Diet and lifestyle modifications.